James Quinn Auricchio, Esq.
Mr. Auricchio has been an attorney since 2001, when he was admitted to practice in the Fourth Department of New York State. He served as a State and Federal Prosecutor before starting his firm in 2009.
- United States v. Taylor – Rochester, NY. (2012). Client accused of mail and wire fraud in purported mortgage scheme in New York City. Client faced up to twenty years in Federal prison and the Government demanded restitution payment of over $400,000 in restitution. Defense counsel proved that allegations regarding the purported loss by Mortgage Broker were inflated, and successfully argued for a sentence of probation, without incarceration, and restitution of $30,000. The Government initially appealed, but abandoned its appeal a short time later.
- People v. Brown – Buffalo, NY (2011). Charges against a Buffalo, NY man were dismissed after a verdict of not guilty on Weapons Possession Charges. The Prosecution claimed that a DNA profile on a handgun seized by police indicated that the defendant possessed the weapon. The defense successfully argued that DNA testing was inconclusory, and that even if the tests could be considered reliable,the Prosecution failed to prove possession. The charges were dismissed.
- United States v. Cook – Buffalo, NY (2012). Indictment against client in United States District Court, Western District of New York, dismissed after investigation by defense counsel revealed government informant had fabricated evidence and deceived law enforcement agents. See the Buffalo News article, here.
- People v. Terrell – Buffalo, NY (2010). Attempted Murder charge dismissed on second day of trial after defense established that witness had committed perjury. The witness failed to mention he was shooting at the defendant at the time he was shot, but forensic evidence uncovered by the defense established just that. Buffalo News article, here.
- People v. Streebel – Buffalo, NY (2010). Indictment against client in New York State Supreme Court dismissed
- Assistant District Attorney, Monroe County
- Assistant District Attorney, Erie County
- Bureau Chief, Crimes Against Revenue Bureau, Special Investigations and Prosecutions Division, Erie County District Attorney’s Office
- Special Assistant United States Attorney, Western District of New York
- Assistant United States Attorney, Western District of New York
- Principal, Auricchio Law Offices of Western New York
- John Carroll Univeristy, 1996, B.A.
- State University at Buffalo, Law School, 2000, J.D.
- Saint Francis Highschool of Athol Springs, NY.
- Orchard Park Middle School
- South Davis Elementary School Orchard Park
- Our Lady of Mercy Elementary School
- Hilbert College Montesorri Program
- Board Member, Heritage Centers Foundation, 2011 – present;
- Director, University at Buffalo GOLD Group Alumni Board of Directors 2010-2011;
- Volunteer, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- MEMBER, New York State Defender’s Association
- MEMBER, Erie County Bar Association
- MEMBER, New York State Bar Association
- MEMBER, American Bar Association
For a list of awards and distinctions, please click here.